Vitiligo is the appearance of white patches of the skin due to the absence of melanin, colour giving pigments to the skin. In its case, people are troubled by the social stigma associated with this. It begins as a small white spot but over the years it will spread in the entire body.
Vitiligo is known as switra or kilasa in Ayurveda. Vatika, pathika, and kaphaja are its three classifications forming according to the variations of Vata, pitta and Kapha in the body. In Vata dominant Vitiligo skin appears as dry and in pale red color, in pitta, it will be red in color and have a burning sensation, in Kapha, it appears white in color and has itching. Complete elimination of Vitiligo is not possible, but its intensity can be reduced with treatment.
Major causes of Vitiligo are :
- Overexposure to radiation
- Genetic factors
- Auto immune disorder
- Calcium deficiency
- Wearing tight clothes, rubber gloves
- Continuous use of tattoos or stickers in skin
Ayurvedic treatment procedure for Vitiligo ? Ayurveda follows a series of treatment that helps cure Vitiligo. Commonly prescribed methods are as follows.
- Shodhana chikitsa : It is a body purification therapy to remove the waste materials from the body completely. It includes massages using medicinal herbs and oils along with following a strict diet. Along with that Vamana, virechana, Raktha mokshana treatment using leeches are often prescribed.
- Shamana Chikitsa : This is the treatment done internally and externally to reduce the symptoms by balancing the Kapha, pitta and vata in the body.
- Patya (Diet) : In Ayurveda, a patient has to follow strict diet plan while undergoing treatment. Deviating from this often led to the increase in symptoms. Amrita Ayurveda Medical Center offers Ayurvedic Treatment for Vitiligo in Kochi with the help of dedicated team of doctors and other staff.
Visit us: www.drrsroy.com Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org